Advances in modern technology have an enormous range of applications, and dental science is not the least of them. As one of the Southland’s leading dental clinics, we are proud to offer our patients laser-assisted dental treatments with a variety of cosmetic and restorative applications.
In the hands of a skilled operator, laser dentistry is equally as safe as traditional dental instruments, if not more so. Since the 1990’s, laser dentistry has been used for:
- Increasing the speed of tooth whitening
- Treating infections
- Removing gum tissue that’s inflamed and diseased
- Removing overgrown tissue caused by medications
- Managing bone and gum tissue while procedures like crowns are being performed
- Removing attached muscles that can restrict normal movement
- Exposing partially erupted wisdom teeth
- Reducing pain created by cold sensations and canker sores
While there are numerous benefits to the use of lasers in dentistry, two of them ultimately stand out. First, a laser offers a degree of precision that cannot be matched and sometimes, it removes the necessity of a drill or anesthesia entirely. Second, lasers can reduce the amount of bleeding that can take place during a procedure, and the amount of bacteria that can accumulate in gum tissue and cavities.
Is laser dentistry right for you? Perhaps, but the only way to be sure is to schedule an appointment with our dentist. For more information or to book a consultation, contact us online or by phone today.